NEW as of August 2021!
The Anthracite Heritage Museum is currently seeking a Store Clerk. Please see the attached file for details. Send cover letter and resume to ahmuseum[at]verizon.net
- Welcomes and processes visitors through a POS system; gives visitors an overview introduction of museum – knowledge of anthracite history helpful, but not required.
- Operates store cash register and credit card terminal
- Maintains daily store records, ex. sales, inventory
- Stocks shelves and keeps displays clean and well-kept
- Supervises store volunteers (1-2 maximum)
- Assists with mailings, programs, newsletter production and supports membership growth initiatives
- Assists in activities of the AHMIFA to support the Mission of the Anthracite Heritage Museum and Iron Furnaces.
- Reports to the Associates Business Manager and works in close operation with Associates and State employees in ensuring the efficient operation of the Museum.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience working with volunteers or experience with public programs
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team player
- Availability to work every Friday (9:30 – 5) Saturday (9:30 -5) and Sunday (9:30 – 5)
- Ability to work occasional weekdays during staff vacations as needed
- Ability to help occasionally at Museum or Iron Furnace Events
- Experience with retail sales and merchandising
- Experience with public programs, events
Pay begins at $12.00/hour
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Vivian Cleveland, Associates Business Manager, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until August 31, or until the position is filled.